A callus (also known as bursitis big toe) causes the joint at the base of the fingers laeua and increase in size, which are flat. The main reason for the growing bones, the too tight footwear which causes irregularities in the position of the joint of the thumb. Repetitive movement can also distort or increase the joint connecting the finger to the rest of the foot, which are growing bones in the legs, as well as the pain and swelling.
Bones can be at first is quite small, but if you continue to wear tight shoes, it can grow significantly in size and more tumor, the harder they will be ok to move around and even stand. Experts advise to immediately seek the advice of a doctor even if the lump near the big toe is very small. The sooner you start treatment, the more effective it will be. Do not ignore the problem, hoping that everything will go well alone as running bones can later cause a lot of problems. If it hurts the bone on the big toe be sure to go to a more loose shoes, watch your posture, especially when walking and running (in some cases, be used for the support of the corset), do some stretching and use essential oils that help in the fight against arthritis. Sometimes these measures are not enough, but each body is different.
How to get rid of the bones on the legs folk remedies
1. Select free shoes
Changing the shoes, you will reduce the pressure on the affected area, which allows the body to recover faster and remove the lump on her leg. According to the American Academy of orthopedic surgeons (AAOS), "the vast majority" notes that when changing the shoes on the model with enough space for the toes, a bone in the foot hurts much less. Free running shoes reduces the pressure on the big toe, improves blood circulation and gives room for movement, allowing the joints to be in their natural position.
If you are not sure which model is right for you, contact a specialist in orthopedic shops or sports shops, will help you to measure your foot and choose the most spacious and comfortable model. Many say that in this case the best solution, shoes with laces or Velcro, thanks to which you can adjust the "tightness".
In addition to choosing the most comfortable shoes the experts will help you figure out the arch of the foot, to avoid potential injury when walking and sport. You can also use a special device to "stretch" the existing shoes that allows more room for your toes.
AAOS recommends that people with bone on foot ", to avoid too low a tufleys narrow pointed feet, and heels higher than a few inches". In some cases high heels can cause a lot of problems, because this position increases pressure on the forefoot.
2. Use special insoles or inserts to correct alignment of the foot
Use special insoles and insoles to adjust the position of the foot, reducing pressure on the toes. In some cases, in order to get rid of bumps on legs the use of the so-called "ortrezy" — are to redistribute the load on the damaged joint.
Some people need a lot of support leg to adjust the position of the foot and, consequently, the direction of movement of the joint. Properly selected footwear and special insoles, and in some cases, it is sufficient for the treatment of the bones in the foot. Such lining can be purchased in almost any pharmacy without a doctor's prescription. It is important that prior to use on an ongoing basis, ensure that the liner eliminates the tension from the damaged area, and do not damage the leg even more.
If you feel stiffness in your toes, gently stretching will help to relax muscles and relieve pain. These simple exercises you can perform anywhere. Try to squeeze the toes, rolled my feet on tennis ball and also a small massage. In order to effectively stretch the damaged joint, the maximum pull on socks and keep them in this position for 5 seconds, then squeeze for another 5 seconds, then repeat 10 or more times during the day. You can also roll a soft towel and "roll" the injured finger.
4. Follow the posture during sporting activities
American College of surgery of the foot and ankle recommends that people who have sore bones at the big toe, to avoid physical activity that causes increased pain, swelling and redness. Most often this refers to the long and Running. If you start to run a new set of exercises that brings unexpected pain in the legs or other joints, this is one of the reasons it might be just a wrong posture. The incorrect position of the foot when running, too heavy step can cause crescere inflammation in the area of the thumb.
Another reason why it is important to choose the right shoes. If you are constantly experiencing pain in your ankles and feet, ask for help, a physical therapist will help you analyze how you run or perform certain exercises and proper positioning.
5. Management of pain the traditional way
When the pain increases, apply to the affected area the cold compression for 20 minutes. Deterioratus lift the leg, to prevent swelling, and also try a massage using essential oils to reduce inflammation. The most effective in such cases rubbing the damaged leg incense and peppermint.
Statistical facts about the bones of the foot
- Many studies have shown that nearly half of the population in one way or another, that suffers from bumps on the big toe. Another study showed that the average deviation of the joint varies from 23 to 35 percent. Most people have a bone slightly sticking out and it brings pain.
- With a similar problem, women face much more often than men. Women are not advisable to wear heels higher than 5.7 cm, since they can contribute to the appearance of the bumps.
- The bones of the big toe most often occurs in people older than 65 years.
- This problem can be faced and young. This phenomenon is called teenage callus, and is most commonly seen in girls from 10 to 15 years. Most often this tendency is genetically determined and is issued from a parent.
- Callus also occurs in 2 percent of children up to 10 years.
- For the detection of these diseases can be, if the big toe deviates from its normal position by more than 15 degrees.
- The bone most often occurs in people who have a rather tight shoes. These include many dancers and athletes.
- The operation of the dowry of the disease you do not need often. In addition, many studies have shown that up to 35 percent of the people who have had similar surgery, are not satisfied with the result.
Symptoms of bone on the big toe
According to the AAOS, the most common symptoms are:
- tumidiores facti automatically, broaden the base of the finger. The tip of the finger can ferocia, swollen and hot. Usually the tumor covering almost the entire finger.
- You may notice a hard lump on the side, in the place where it connects with the foot. Often people describe such a growth as a hard, "bony" maize, which responds to pain by wearing shoes.
- The thumb is stronger than usual, turned away from the other toes. Sometimes the first on your toes, that is a little thickened, and the fingers inward until then, until the pain. When callus grows in size, a finger can be so difficult to change within the repit on the adjacent fingers.
- Pain in the toes, especially in the thumb area. Usually either the entire finger as a whole or the outer part of the response to severe pain when walking and pressure.
- The pain only occurs when wearing tight shoes.
- The fingers are limited in motion, felt like paralyzed.
- Formation of callouses in the spots where the fingers press against each other.
- Also a small callus can form on the pinky.
- In some cases, extension of the metatarsophalangeal joint, which in the absence of proper treatment can lead to bursitis or arthritis. Bursitis — inflammation of Bursa (fluid-filled sacs that cushion the space between the bones near the joints). Arthritis is damage to the smooth cartilage that covers the joint.
What causes a callus?
The bones of the big toe typically occurs when an incorrect position of the foot, malformations, and inflammation, or with abnormalities of bones in the thumb. Conventional anomaly, leading to the formation of bone, is, when the metatarsophalangeal joint, is located at the bottom of the finger, toros naresque hiulcis outwards, from the inner side of the foot, turning the thumb inside. (technically this is a valgus deformity of the first toe). It consists of two joints. The larger of the two (metatarsophalangeal joint) connects the tips of the fingers (phalanges) with the base of the feet. Bone is formed when the metatarsophalangeal joint will mix in her usual place and begins the inflammatory process.
What is in the first place can lead to such irregularities?
Typical scenarios of the development of painful bunions on the big toe include:
- wearing too tight shoes, enough room for your toes
- excessive pronation (turning inwards) of the ankles
- the incorrect posture while driving and the implementation of the
- excessive strain on the foot
- trauma to the legs, ankles, toes
- scarring of the joints in the legs, which are the result of disease, such as arthritis
- osteoarthritis, which leads to the development of bone spurs on toes
In addition, bone is inherited, so if you have a family, someone who has suffered from a similar disease, the likelihood of calluses and you have a lot of times higher. This is most common among adolescents. Also this disease affects people with autoimmune diseases, which cause destruction of the tissues of the joints.
The standard procedure for the treatment of bunions on the foot
The diagnosis is usually made on the basis of physical symptoms, such as pain, and the conversation with the patient on the specifics of his lifestyle, preference in terms of shoes and attitude to the sport. In very advanced cases, to assess the severity you may need to x-ray.
In severe cases, when pain almost paralyzed the normal life of the patient, the doctor may prescribe corticosteroids, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and painkillers. Better to take a low dose of otc pain reliever, such as ibuprofen, to cope with temporary pain, and also helps to reduce inflammation in the big toes, with the use of cold compression.
Sometimes, to relieve muscle spasms and swelling, the doctor may inject steroids, but this does not guarantee that the problem will disappear for ever.
One of the causes of callus formation of the infection, so that specialists can take a sample of fluid from the blisters to check for the presence of bacteria and antibodies. If the infection is confirmed, it is recommended to drink a course of antibiotics.
The functioning of the bones, and incurable callus
After ACFAOM above folk remedies for the treatment of bone should help in most mild cases and cases of moderate difficulty. Surgery is required only in very severe cases. Surgery is the last possible remedy. It may be necessary in cases when the callus for a long time, not treated or the patient refused to go to the other footwear (e.g., suitable for the conclusions of the shoes seems to be very ingrata), or incorrectly uses a special ear from the bones.
- Sometimes may require surgical intervention to remove the scar tissue, which restricts movement of the thumb. In most cases, degenerative joint disease, and running bone surgery will be scheduled.
- Risks include adverse effects on your joints and dorsifleksiya of the foot, which greatly limits the mobility.
- Before going to extreme measures, consult with experts and pick up the orthotics. Also, a lot of orthopaedic shops sell a special tool, which is located between the fingers, to lock the finger in a straight position.
- The sooner you start treatment, the better the chance for full recovery with the minimal use of drugs.
- Remember, in most cases, the bone itself does not disappear.