Various deformities of the foot – a common phenomenon among people of all ages. In the presence of the orthopedic disease in the area of the foot people constantly experiencing pain in the legs, and each step is given to him with the problem.
The symptoms of flat feet and other similar conditions, it is possible to eliminate or at least reduce their intensity if you are using special insoles, recommended by the doctor-orthopedist. The use of such devices will reduce the stress on the joints and tissues of the foot, inhibits the development of degenerative processes in the legs.
Valgus and varus deformity of the foot: the main symptoms
Among all the variations of pathological changes in the bone and joint structures of the foot is more common valgus or varus deformity. The most characteristic feature of this disease among them is that with valgus pathology of the tibia is displaced slightly inward (feet are X-shaped), and markedly deflected outwards, causing the legs seem to be On the form.
Hallux valgus is combined with the gradual curvature of the thumb, also violates the provisions, and all other fingers.
To suspect that the development of hallux valgus can be in the presence of the following symptoms:
- changing the shape of the thumb slide on the outside;
- the appearance of the bones in the first finger;
- the hammer shape of the other fingers (observed as a complication of hallux valgus);
- pain in the legs;
- fatigue of the legs, also with a short walk;
- problems with the choice of footwear (boots are too tight in the parts of the sock).
Varus deformity accompanied by curvature of the axis and also arches of the foot. For this pathology would stop "looking" inside. The load on the foot is uneven, usually on the outer part of the sole.
A true clubfoot is a congenital disease, varus of the foot is primarily formed in early childhood under the negative influence of precipitating factors.
The most characteristic symptom of the foot are:
- the fingers are constantly in a flexed position;
- the front part of the foot deviates inward;
- knee, when walking is not corrected fully;
- tibia is On the form.
The final diagnosis can only specialist gynecologist after examination and diagnosis.
Causes deformation of the stop
Causes of hallux valgus in the feet are:
- hereditary factor;
- transverse platypodia;
- some endocrine pathology;
- the development of osteoporosis.
From valgus pathology five times more likely to affect women compared with men. This is due to inherent weakness of bone tissue on the legs, as well as the fact that many women prefer shoes with high heels.
Varus deformity may occur under the influence of these causes:
- rickets and other metabolic disorders, in which reduced bone density;
- genetic predisposition;
- flat feet;foot injury;
- long wearing uncomfortable tight shoes.
Varus pathology occurs more often in children, but in early youth it is easier to get rid of it.
The degree of deformation of the
Look hallux valgus, the actual extent of the disease determined on the basis of the size of the angle formed between the thumb and the metatarsal bone. There are three levels of valgus pathology:
- first: directly in the corner of the increasing deformation of the joint, ligaments are overly mobile, is subluxation of the foot;
- secondly: the diagnosis of displacement of the joints and the surrounding tendons in the thumb area;
- thirdly, and bones, and almost all the connective tissues become very weak and vulnerable, which is coupled with a constant pain in the affected area.
Deformation is also divided into three levels:
- lightweight and supination deformity of the foot do not exceed the level of 10-15 degrees, the foot can be withdrawn in the normal position;
- average: the angle of view that ranges from 15 degrees to 30 degrees, but the components of the clubfoot is still possible to correct;
- difficult: the angle exceeds 30°, the deformation becomes stable, it is possible to fix only partially.
Prevention of disease with the use of orthotic insoles
For the treatment of leg deformity perfectly fit orthotics. Allow not only to increase the level of comfort when walking and reduces the pain but also to stop the process of development of the disease.
The process of selection of medical insoles should be approached with caution. First and foremost, consider the nature of the illness, which requires the correction of orthopedic. An important factor is the degree of manifestation of the disease.
With valgus pathology, we recommend the following types of inserts:
- treatment designed to correct the deformed arch of the foot. These products are fairly rigid form, well cover the foot, to maintain the desired position of all the cartilage. Recommended for use with orthopaedic shoes.
- preventive – used in the early stages of hallux valgus. They can be worn with conventional footwear;
- prevention and treatment - are made of leather or special fabric. Products slightly damp, not too tight compresses the leg. Such cartridges can be for the creation of a shortened and used with any Shoe.
In addition to a full-sized orthopedic products, insoles, which are missing the front part. Such devices also have medicinal properties. Their main advantage over standard insoles – no need for selection on the product size. In addition, the insoles can be worn even with the most open shoes, because they are not visible from the outside.
In some cases, it may be shown wearing a special Shoe, small orthopaedic devices designed to solve a local orthopedic problems. These products are recommended for heel spur and also for use in shoes with too rigid heel.
Insoles for foot deformation is designed to rotate the entire foot, including the heel, in the correct position. For this purpose, use a special insole, heel, outer part of the there are special thickenings. This form allows you to attach the foot to the desired shape.
How to choose orthotics
When deciding about how to choose insoles with valgus deformity, it is necessary to take into account the most important recommendations:
- pay attention to the size of the inputs, a pre-measured length of the foot in centimeters. To determine the length of the foot should be placed on a sheet of paper and carefully cut around the outlines with a ballpoint pen. After this you need to draw a line on the sheet with the ruler in place, where is the length of the figure is the greatest and measuring. This is necessary, the index size;
- in case of doubt as to the correctness of determining the value of the legs, it is better to choose products that are double-triple the size, allowing you to avoid mistakes in the purchase of inputs;
- some inserts are designed so that you can cut – in this case, you can buy a slightly larger size than the actual length of the foot;
- for women who do not want to give up wearing shoes with heels, you should choose products made of leather, hose and special foam;if the person is a mass exceeding 100 kg, it is better to give priority to the hard plastic Shoes;
- in diabetes it is recommended two-layer insole. Orthopedic in addition to therapeutic effect of these products prevent blisters and open sores that are dangerous if they had endocrine pathology;
- while hallux valgus are good leather or felt insoles with orthopedic effect;
- the workers, who had long standing (hairdressers, sellers, etc) recommended to difficult to better frame the product;athletes, shown without the frame inserts;children with valgus pathology will fit insoles are made of thermoplastic, and also products with the insoles and other elements. The final version of the insoles for greater consistency with doctor.
The advantages and efficiency of the use of orthopedic insoles
With the correct choice of inputs, and their regular use of the treatment effect will happen. The most important are the following advantages and positive changes:
- the clip the arch of the foot, therefore slowing down and even completely stop further deformity with valgus pathology;
- sick of the small joints of the feet gradually returned to the correct position;
- deformed and over-curved fingers slowly straighten and take the correct shape, which is especially important for the valgus foot;
- the load on the soles of the feet becomes more uniform, thereby disappear calluses, corns and other seals;
- reduction of damage due to an incorrect or overly tight shoes using the shock absorbing insoles;
- eliminate the pain while walking by reducing the load on the foot and the characteristics of the spring and orthopedic products;
- improved venous blood flow in the legs, thus reducing swelling of the legs.
The benefits of wearing orthotic devices, which will be even more noticeable if the insoles in valgus deformity or pathology, to pick up, after consultation with the doctor. The Specialist will recommend the most optimal for a specific patient version of the therapy Shoe insoles that will help speed up the recovery.
Exercises for feet with hallux valgus
In the presence of deformations recommends the following exercises:
- flexion and subsequent extension of the stop – run 20 times for each leg;
- rotate the foot in circles for 20 times;
- squats with the support of: you need to squat, which they have on the strut, make sure the foot stayed pressed to the ground.
Hallux valgus is corrected the faster the following exercises:
- walking, alternately on the outer, then the inner side of the stop;
- alternate walking on toes, then on heels;
- walking on bumpy, uneven surfaces barefoot. You can walk on a special Mat, the usual carpet, the sand on the beach, on the grass in nature;
- grip with fingers or small objects on the floor. Can be decomposed on the surface of the buttons, ballpoint pens, pencils, and then try to capture and raise them with your fingers;
- ascent-descent on the monkey bars – a great workout in hallux valgus.
The implementation of these exercises, and the use of these wonderful devices, such as orthopedic insoles, will help to reduce pain and speed recovery during the deformation of the feet.
A lot of benefits for the patient can bring and foot massage that you can perform by yourself, but better – with the help of another person. With the help of massage movements, increases blood flow, relieves muscle tension in the legs, put you fingers in the correct position.
Complex treatment with the use of orthopedic devices and high quality shoes will speed up the recovery, which is especially important for children and adolescents. Orthopedic insoles with valgus deformity of the buy better quality, well-known manufacturers. Branded products last longer and their effect will be noticeable. When time began the correction of orthopedic disorders can quickly achieve positive results and maintain the health of yourself or your child.